Saturday, April 21, 2007

Slingbox Issue Resolved

I was able to resolve my Slingbox connectivity issue last week. I rebooted the Slingbox and I was able to access it afterwards.

I don't believe this exonerates Time Warner. I still believe they purposely degrade their quality of service for their customers who use the most internet traffic. I think Time Warner reads my blog and they were worried about the can of whoop ass I was going to release on them. Time Warner -- you're in my radar. Don't mess with me again.

3 Comments:

Blogger MegaZone said...

If rebooting your Slingbox restores external viewing, I'd bet you're using UPnP to configure your router. And what is happening is the router is dropping the configuration periodically - this is not uncommon. When you reboot he Slingbox it re-requests the port forwarding with UPnP, so it starts working again.

The real solution is to give the Slingbox a static IP and manually configured a fixed port forwarding rule in your router - and just turn off UPnP. It isn't reliable, and it is a potential security risk.

6:22 PM  
Blogger goooooood girl said...

So good......

3:13 AM  
Blogger rithkhmer said...

thank you so much for this good informations !

ดูหนัง

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home